The Virginia Todd Community Centre has a small hall for hire.
The hall is ideal for quieter activities such as yoga and children's programs.
About the Virginia Todd Centre...
The original hall building was erected sometime between 1920-1928 and its original use was as a Salvation Army Citadel. Most of Geelong West's religious buildings were located in Pakington Street by this time and although it is not located on Pakington Street, it is very near to the centre of the commercial area.
In the 1980s it was converted into the City of Geelong West Community Centre.
In the early to mid 1990s the western part of the building was added as a Children's Services Centre as well as the Geelong West Maternal and Child Health on the southern part of the building.
In 2002 Diversitat Aged Services moved into the western part of the facility which was previously vacated by the Children's Centre.
In 2017 Diversitat Aged Services moved from the Virginia Todd Centre to their new facility in Norlane and Gateways Support Services moved into this space in 2018.
In 2018 the hall was carpeted to better cater for early years programs and improve acoustics.
The Centre is named after former Geelong West City mayor and councillor, Virginia Todd.