Toy libraries are where early childhood fun, creativity and play are valued and promoted!
There are a number of toy libraries located throughout the City of Greater Geelong and adjacent municipalities that provide great support and opportunities for involvement for local families.
At a toy library you can borrow from a vast array of quality toys that have been designed to support your child’s skill development and promote imagination.
Toy libraries aim to support families and encourage quality time spent playing with children.
Each week parents and guardians can borrow quality educational toys, puzzles and games for young children.
- provide quality educational items for loan
- are not expensive (usually an annual subscription is charged)
- principally cater for pre-school children <
- have a range of items covering all stages of growth and development
- help parents and carers learn about the ages and stages of child development
- are open set days and hours.
Toy libraries aim to support families, provide opportunities to encourage children's play, and build on appropriate early learning experiences at home.
Toy libraries offer parents the opportunity to:
- meet and mix with other local parents
- save money and reduce the costs of providing new toys
- learn about how important play is for your child's development
- maintain positive play stimulation for children
- expose your child to a greater range of play experiences
- encourage your child to learn new skills and varied play activities
- contribute to your children's early development and education
- support your local community through family participation
- create interest for children by adding a highlight to the week with a trip to the Toy Library
- obtain information about other family support and assistance available in the community
- develop your children's self esteem and confidence
- help prepare your child for kindergarten and school.
You can find your closest Toy Library in our Community Directory.