There are many good reasons and benefits to registering your pets and it's a requirement of the Domestic Animals Act 1994.
If you'd like to register more than two cats or two dogs you'll need to apply for a multiple pet permit.
Before you start
- dogs must be microchipped
- cats must be microchipped and desexed.
To complete this you'll need to:
- provide your pet's details like: name, gender, breed, colour/markings, date of birth
- attach certificates of microchipping (required) and desexing (required for cats)
- attach certificates for guide, assistance, working or law enforcement dogs to qualify for fee exemptions if applicable
- provide details if your dog is a menacing or dangerous dog
- provide details of the pet owner
- provide pension information to get the fee discount
- pay registration fees by credit card.
Start a cat or dog registration
On completion of the online registration for your pet/s you will receive a tax invoice receipt email, and we will post out your pet registration tag/s.
Other ways to register
Download our animal registration application form, complete it and return it with required documentation to Council by:
- attending any of our Customer Service Centres or
- post, including the registration fee to:
City of Greater Geelong
PO Box 104
GEELONG VIC 3220
Once processed you will be provided with a receipt and registration tag/s for your pets.
Note: fees can be paid with credit card, cheque, money order or cash (only at Customer Service Centres).