Aldi MiniRoos Kick-Off programs (Football Federation Australia) have been developed in line with the game-sense philosophy of sport participation. This approach to sport delivery emphasises a
move away from traditional coach dominated sessions to those that are player centred, and use game-like situations rather than technical drills.
This type of environment teaches the fundamentals of a sport in a fun, engaging, and inclusive environment that focuses on enjoyment rather than results. It should be no surprise to parents that the more fun their child has, the more likely they are to continue playing. This is the overarching tenet that guides MiniRoos Kick-Off.
Term One 2020 program information for the Leisuretime Sports Precinct
- Leisuretime Sports Precinct - on the $2 million FIFA-approved outdoor synthetic pitch
- Ages 4-6: Saturday mornings from 9:30am to 10:15am (45 minute sessions) commencing Saturday 8th February 2020 and concluding Saturday 21st March 2020. (7 weeks)
- Ages 7-9: Saturday mornings from 10:30am to 11:15am (45-minute session) commencing Saturday 8th February 2020 and concluding Saturday 21st March 2020. (7 weeks)
- For NEW Players the cost is $110 for the 7-week program; includes participant pack of ball, boot bag, shin pads, water bottle and stickers ($40 Football Victoria Registration and $70 Program participation fee).
- Players returning from the 2019 MiniRoos Kick-Off programs; fees will be $70 for the Term 1 2020 7-week program as those participants already have their FFA registration and participant pack.
To register a new player for the Term 1 program in 2020, complete the online registration form. Returning players from the 2019 program here at the precinct will also find the link on the MiniRoos KickOff website.
You can also contact us at the Leisuretime Sports Precinct to find out more on the program by email email@example.com, or for more specific information on Aldi MiniRoos Kick-Off please visit their website.
An experience for every child
If your child is between the ages of 4-9 and wants to play football, the Leisuretime Sports Precinct now has a new program available for them to play.
For a number of reasons, there are many children that have not been exposed to regular physical activity or sport programs in their pre-school years. Some of these children may not be physically, socially, or emotionally ready to participate in a full season of team sport. There are other children who have been involved in many different sporting activities but have never tried football and are not sure they want to
commit to the full season.
Aldi MiniRoos Kick-Off may be the best option for these types of children.
Some children seem to be born with a ball at their feet. They are always ready to try new things and are physically competent enough to run, kick, catch and jump at an early age. Others develop a sense of social confidence and emotional strength much earlier than others and may be ready to move straight into a team sport environment.
Aldi MiniRoos Club Football would suit these types of children.
Playing and spending time with their friends is a key motivating factor for girls’ sports participation. A Girls Only environment may prove to be the perfect option for young girls that may find the mixed gender environment a little intimidating or less appealing.
Express your interest in the Aldi MiniRoos For Girls playing option (this will be subject to interest).
Aldi MiniRoos Kick-Off outcomes
To deliver a fun, engaging, and structured football experience to beginning football participants, aged 4-9.
To service the local football community through coaching, participation, or transition outcomes.
Benefits of Aldi MiniRoos Kick-Off
The shorter session times and program length facilitates an ideal introduction to football for new and developing participants.
- Fun, football game-based sessions that build fundamental motor skills
- Non-competitive activities to improve confidence and self-esteem
- Low participant-to-coach ratio resulting in greater individual engagement
- Experience the football basics before progressing to ALDI MiniRoos Club Football
- Merchandise packs for new participants, including backpack, ball and more.
Aldi MiniRoos Kick-Off is perfect for beginning football participants.
- 45 minute sessions make for easier time management
- Fun session activities with players on the ball the whole time
- A nationally consistent program ensures children can play it anywhere
- Smooth introduction to local football via making positive connections with likeminded parents who can help you and your
child make connections with local clubs.
Happy child equals happy parent!
For more program details for parents visit the Mini Roos page on the Play Football website.
Introducing children to fun and engaging sporting activities at an early age will influence their decision to remain involved in sport as they grow older. A more active child means a healthier, smarter and more productive member of our community.
Our MiniRoos Kick-Off program are all linked to local football clubs under the Football Federation Victoria (FFV) and promote pathways into these family friendly clubs & environments.
How to get involved?
To register a new player for the term 1 program in 2020, complete the online registration form. Returning players from our 2019 programs will also find the link on the MiniRoos KickOff website.
You can also contact us at the Leisuretime Sports Precinct to find out more on the program by email Leisuretime@geelongcity.vic.gov.au , or for more specific information on Aldi MiniRoos Kick-Off please visit their website.