Please note: Monday 11 June is a public holiday and Tuesday 12 June is an industry RDO, so there will be less activity on site.
The following works are planned:
- commence installation of art pieces to the six plinths on the south side of Malop Street
- commence installation of the planter boxes on the north side
- commence installation of irrigation to garden beds.
- continue asphalting road, weather permitting
- continue paving on the Malop Street south/Moorabool Street corner near Westpac Bank - pedestrians will be diverted as required and wayfinding signage will be in place
- continue paving on the Malop Street north/Moorabool Street corner near Bendigo Bank - pedestrians will be diverted as required and wayfinding signage will be in place. (Future paving works to be undertaken in Malop Street outside Bendigo Bank will require alternative pedestrian diversion. See attached maps)
- continue delivery and installation of street furniture
- continue laying pavers in the strip between the footpath and kerb stones
- intermittent use of road compacting machinery which is likely to result in ground vibrations being felt during its operation
- there will be some noisy work with cutting of pavers
- there may be some short periods of hammering or cutting.
Pedestrian access to businesses will be maintained during all trading hours. If access is required outside your normal trading hours, please contact the construction Site Manager with as much notice as possible, so access can be facilitated.
A pedestrian link between Market Square and Westfield shopping centres will continue to be available for all trading hours during the works. Wayfinding signage will be in place to direct pedestrians.
*See information above (and attached maps) regarding the temporary pedestrian diversions near Bendigo Bank.
Malop Street will continue to be closed to all vehicle and cycling traffic between Moorabool and Yarra streets until completion in mid-year.
The Malop Street loading dock to Market Square will not be available for deliveries during the road closure and alternative arrangements have been made for deliveries via the Market Square loading dock in Yarra Street.
Hours of work
Our work crews will be on site:
||Standard day shift hours for the project will be from 7:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Saturday.
Monday 11 June is a public holiday and Tuesday 12 June is an industry
RDO, so there will be less activity on site
||Any future night shifts will be advised.
On site contact – Site Manager
For any immediate works-related enquiries, please contact the 2Construct Site Manager, Michael Waldron on 0403 719 925.
Green Spine - Trader support initiatives
Green Spine photo competition
The #ShopOnTheGreen photo competition is being launched today and will run for the month of June. Posters and competition terms and conditions will be distributed to traders in the works zone with this update. Please encourage your network to get involved and upload their photos of the Green Spine to the Revitalising Central Geelong Facebook page with the hashtag #ShopOnTheGreen.
Car parking passes and coffee vouchers
Please check the expiry dates on the car parking passes and coffee vouchers and distribute to your customers for use prior to expiration.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can email our team or speak to either:
||0413 288 403
||0428 897 323
You can also come past The Workshop at 108 Moorabool Street.
Pedestrian detour maps for paving works
Malop Street (north side)/Moorabool Street intersection paving work area
Malop Street (north side) paving work area
Visit our Revitalising Central Geelong page and like us on Facebook to see more updates.