The following works are planned:
- commence asphalting road, weather permitting
- commence paving on the Malop Street south/Moorabool Street corner near the Westpac Bank. There will be no change to current pedestrian diversions for this work.
- commence paving on the Malop Street north/Moorabool Street corner near the Bendigo Bank. Pedestrians will be diverted as required and wayfinding signage will be in place. Future paving works to be undertaken in Malop Street outside Bendigo Bank will require alternative pedestrian diversion. See maps below.
- platforms (plinths) for art installations, including one at the mid-block crossing are scheduled to be delivered and installed this week.
- continue delivery and installation of street furniture
- continue installation of steel garden bed surrounds to existing trees
- continue laying pavers in the strip between the footpath and kerb stones
- intermittent use of road compacting machinery which is likely to result in ground vibrations being felt during its operation.
- there will be some noisy work with cutting of pavers
- there may be some short periods of hammering or cutting.
Pedestrian access to businesses will be maintained during all trading hours. If access is required outside your normal trading hours, please contact the construction Site Manager with as much notice as possible, so access can be facilitated.
A pedestrian link between Market Square and Westfield shopping centres will continue to be available for all trading hours during the works. Wayfinding signage will be in place to direct pedestrians.
*See information above (and attached maps) regarding the temporary pedestrian diversions near Bendigo Bank.
Malop Street will continue to be closed to all vehicle and cycling traffic between Moorabool and Yarra streets until completion in mid-year.
The Malop Street loading dock to Market Square will not be available for deliveries during the road closure and alternative arrangements have been made for deliveries via the Market Square loading dock in Yarra Street.
Hours of work
Our work crews will be on site:
||Standard day shift hours for the project will be from 7:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Saturday.
On industry RDOs, there will be less activity on site.
||Any future night shifts will be advised.
On site contact – Site Manager
For any immediate works-related enquiries, please contact the 2Construct Site Manager, Michael Waldron on 0403 719 925.
Green Spine Trader support initiatives
What's Happening newsletter
There is still time to promote your business in the Green Spine Traders section of the What’s Happening newsletter which promotes the Green Spine works area to the wider business community and key contacts within the city. There is no cost to be included and we can work with you to put together the content.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org contact David Jarwood on 0413 288 403 or Martelle McCleland on 0428 897 323 if you would like to be involved.
Car parking passes and coffee vouchers
Additional car parking passes and coffee vouchers will be distributed today with the works update for you to give to customers at your discretion.
Green Spine photo competition
The Revitalising Central Geelong team are currently finalising plans for a #ShopOnTheGreen photo competition. More details will be provided shortly.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can email our team or speak to either:
||0413 288 403
||0428 897 323
You can also come past The Workshop at 108 Moorabool Street.
Pedestrian detour maps for paving works
Malop Street (north side)/Moorabool Street intersection paving work area
Malop Street (north side) paving work area
Visit our Revitalising Central Geelong page and like us on Facebook to see more updates.