We work with business and industry to provide business support through Cleantech Innovations Geelong.
Developing clean technologies
Clean Technologies are defined as economically viable products, services and processes that harness renewable materials and energy sources, dramatically reduce the use of natural resources and cut or eliminate emissions and wastes.
Cleantech Innovations Geelong is a business and industry support program to develop markets for clean technologies (cleantech). Our vision is to establish Geelong as a Centre of Excellence for cleantech in Australia, by attracting investment, creating jobs and building skills.
The program has been operating since 2014, delivering
positive economic growth and sustainability outcomes for Greater Geelong. Funding has been secured to continue
providing business support during 2018-2021.
The program is a partnership funded through the Victorian State Government, the Geelong Manufacturing Council and the City of Greater Geelong. The program is in line with Geelong’s
designation as a UNESCO City of Design and the community-led 30 year vision for a clever and creative future.
Outcomes achieved under the 2014-2017 funding included:
Support for your business
How can we help you?
Our team provide hands-on business support to help you:
- Access grants for new, collaborative projects that stimulate the market for clean technologies
- Deliver activities to develop your skills and capabilities around clean technologies
- Create innovative cleantech products through procurement
- Explore opportunities to grow your market for cleantech products or services
- Share your success stories and learn from others through industry briefings
Our key activities during 2018-2021 will be:
- Bringing new cleantech products to market by stimulating demand and providing grants
- Inviting proposals for large-scale cleantech demonstration project(s)
- Exploring the creation of a cleantech precinct
View our Zero Carbon Emissions Strategy 2017-2020