This 6 week program looks at ways to maintain a positive relationship during the ups and downs of adolescence.
Many changes occur at puberty; these can be perplexing for teenagers as well as their parents. This is a time of developing independence for young adults while slowly and safely releasing parental control. Not an easy task!
The ‘Parenting Your Teenager’ program explores topics including:
- What is normal adolescent behaviour?
- The important art of continuing to communicate with your teen, even when they don’t say much
- Knowing when you should be concerned
- Can you still have fun with teenagers?
Parents will have the opportunity to:
- Share experiences with other parents
- Identify parenting traps
- Discuss boundaries and consequences
- Rate problem behaviour and know when to intervene
This program is aimed at parents of 13 to 18 year olds and runs for 2 hours for 5 consecutive weeks.
Register online now!
Various dates from 16 October 2019 to 4 December 2019
23 October 2019, 07:00 PM - 09:00 PM
30 October 2019, 07:00 PM - 09:00 PM
20 November 2019, 07:00 PM - 09:00 PM
27 November 2019, 07:00 PM - 09:00 PM
04 December 2019, 07:00 PM - 09:00 PM
245-249 Pakington Street, Newtown VIC 3220
Regional Parenting Service
03 5272 4741