Our tourism and events offering is strong, but we aim to grow it further.
- Working with government to deliver City Deal tourism infrastructure projects, including the Convention
and Exhibition Centre.
- Delivering the Visitor
Economy Strategy 2017–21 and the Tourism
- Building on the current events program and increasing cross-promotional opportunities.
Our aims in 2018-2019
- Complete preliminary work for the establishment of the Mineral
- Continue to attract cruise ships.
- Support the Geelong Waterfront Safe Harbour Precinct Project.
- Help to upgrade visitor facilities, experiences and
- Continue to support high-quality events across the region.
- Commence construction of an artificial reef and underwater sculpture park.
Measures of success
- 2.1 per cent annual increase in visitors.
- 3.8 per cent
annual increase in expenditure by
- 4.9 per cent
annual increase in international
- 1.9 per cent
annual increase in domestic overnight
- 1.6 per cent annual
increase in tourism employment.
- 30:1 return on
investment of Geelong major events to