We treasure Geelong’s culture and heritage and will help our creative community to grow.
- Incorporating arts and cultural initiatives into infrastructure development, to enhance our sense of place.
- Recognising and sharing our heritage through storytelling.
- Recognising and celebrating Geelong’s Aboriginal culture and history.
- Working with galleries and museums to improve our public art and heritage offering.
- Attracting new, and supporting existing, creative industries.
- Delivering UNESCO City of Design creative outcomes, including:
- National Wool Museum Master Plan
- Geelong Gallery redevelopment
- Mountain to Mouth
- Geelong After
- Cultural trails.
- Working with the
Geelong Regional Library Corporation to deliver efficient and effective
services and programs.
Our aims 2018-2019
- Develop a
cultural strategy that advances our museums and galleries.
- Commence Osborne House remediation.
- Attract more national art exhibitions to the region.
- Put heritage and
conservation plans in place for significant infrastructure.
- Support music and performing arts programs.
Measures of success
- Increased number
of objects actively cared for within
our arts and heritage collections.
- Increased access
to cultural collections through
- 20 per cent
active library members in the municipality.
- Increased employment in creative occupations.
visitation to our key cultural facilities (National Wool Museum, Potato Shed, Geelong Gallery, Courthouse Youth Arts, Geelong Library & Heritage Centre).