A Street occupation permit is required where people are involved with any Building Operations on the Footpath or the Road Reserve.
Street occupation permits may be issued for works or maintenance including:
- Repairing broken glass - shopfront
- Replacing lighting to building or veranda
- Replacing sign panel (under verandah sign)
- Window cleaning
- Alterations/Additions Painting
- Demolition/Removal Repairing broken glass - shopfront
- Fences Replacing lighting to building or verandah
- Major maintenance work associated with buildings Replacing sign panel (under veranda sign)
- New Construction Window cleaning
- Retaining Walls
- Temporary Structures
Also a street occupation permit is required for the use of knuckle booms, boom lifts, cranes etc.
Please note: Some of the above works may require a building permit and/or town planning permit as well. For example: painting a historic building.
Victorian Road Rules must be observed at all times.
The permit holder's signature and payment is required before the permit is approved.
We will process your application giving due consideration to your requirements and the safety of the public.
Street occupation permit details
A Street Occupation Permit states clearly the:
- Date of issue
- Permit holder, their address and contact phone numbers
- Location of the work area
- Number of days for permit
- Parking bays approved
There is also an area that must be signed by the permit holder to agree to the conditions of the permit.
Partial/full road closure
If you are intending to occupy part of the road or you are proposing to close the road, you will need an application from Traffic Engineering 'Application for Partial/Full Road Closure'. This application to be read in conjunction with a Street occupation permit.