Only resident property owners currently receiving the waste
collection service charge may request additional bins.
People requiring an additional bin for medical purposes will need to provide a medical certificate and state the reason for the additional bin.
Tenants: please arrange application of additional bins through your property owner, authorised property manager or body corporate secretary as the additional
bins service charge will be added to the property Rate, Valuation and Charges
|140 litre garbage bin
|Exchange both 120/140 litre garbage bin to 240 litre garbage bin (red lid)
|240 litre recycling
bin (yellow lid)
*To qualify for half a year, the application must be submitted in the second half of the financial year (after 1 January 2020).
All applications received between 1 July and 31 December will be charged an annual fee.
There is no cost if the additional bin request is approved for medical purposes.
Apply for an additional bin/s online
Apply for additional bin/s
Terms and conditions
- A maximum of one additional garbage and one additional recycling bin is available for each eligible household.
- The bin(s) will be delivered to the property once the application has been assessed and approved.
- Your application may take up to 10 working days to process.
- Payment for the additional bin(s) will be charged on an annual basis. These charges will appear on your Rate, Valuation and Charges notice (excludes medical purposes).
- The applicant shall maintain the bin in a sound and clean condition suitable for collection.
- The applicant must ensure that correct material for collection is contained within the bins.
- Additional bins are specifically allocated to each rated property and are not transferable between properties at any time.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellation of additional bin.
- The applicant must give notice if the service is to be discontinued by completing the Cancellation Additional Bin Form.
- Bins will remain the property of the City of Greater Geelong at all times.
- Medical Purposes only - The applicant possesses a medical condition that is beyond their control (for example: dialysis) requiring disposal of waste that is beyond the capacity of the standard services to accommodate and provides a medical certificate will be exempt from an addition bin charge.
Use the hard copy forms below.